This Page

has been moved to new address

Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce

These were quick, easy, and super yummy. I used leftover rotisserie chicken and it made it even easier. Now they didn’t turn out as pretty as I’d like, but I believe that’s because I crowded the pan with too many enchiladas. Next time I’ll only have 8 in each pan instead of 10 and see what happens.




Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce

Ingredients

8-10 soft taco size flour tortillas
2 C shredded Monterrey jack cheese, divided
2 C shredded cooked chicken
3 T butter
3 T flour
2 C chicken broth
1 C sour cream
2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles
Chopped, fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)


Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix together 1 cup of the cheese and the chicken. Place an equal amount of the chicken mixture into each tortilla.  Roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased, 9 x 13-inch pan.

In a skillet or saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir in the sour cream and green chiles. Pour sauce over the top of the enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.


Source: Adapted from Let’s Dish

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At March 1, 2011 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Kris @ everywhereorange.com said...

these look awesome! i can't wait to make some!!!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 2:23 PM , Anonymous Anne @ Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy said...

Too funny! I just made something very similar last night and posted the recipe today! Yours looks a bit easier.

 
At March 1, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Kitty Deschanel said...

Mmmmm! The crispier parts are my favorite :)

 
At March 10, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds soooooo good. Can't wait to give it a try!

 
At April 28, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Megan said...

I just made these last night and they are delicious. This is a great recipe. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home