This Page

has been moved to new address

Chicken Poppy Seed Pasta Salad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Chicken Poppy Seed Pasta Salad

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chicken Poppy Seed Pasta Salad



I love making pasta salads during the summer; they’re cool and refreshing…and those two are musts when you’re in the thick of a Phoenix summer. This would be a great recipe for luncheons or showers and it comes together in a flash and it’s very tasty.
Cook’s Note: Some leftover rotisserie chicken would be perfect in this recipe, but I didn’t have any on hand so I just cooked up some chicken tenders in the oven that were seasoned with salt and pepper.  

Chicken Poppy Seed Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
1 box (12-16 oz) of your favorite shaped pasta
2 C chopped cooked chicken
1 bunch chopped green onion
1/2 C toasted and then chopped almonds
1 (6 oz) package dried cherries or cranberries
1 1/2 C of your favorite creamy poppy seed salad dressing


Directions:
Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse the pasta under cold water to cool it down. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until mixed.
Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Makes 6-8 servings

Source: Adapted from Heat Oven to 350

I’m linking this post up at:
Metamorphosis Monday
Menu Plan Monday
Skip to My Lou
Tip Me Tuesday
Today’s Creative Blog

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 10, 2011 at 1:10 AM , Blogger April said...

no way...this looks delish!!! I love cranberries in everything! thank you girl!
xoxo

 
At August 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

Hi Jillian,
This would be a great summertime salad. We would really enjoy this recipe. Hope you are having a great week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
See you soon!
Miz Helen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home