This Page

has been moved to new address

Semi-Homemade Spinach & Mozzarella Ravioli

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Semi-Homemade Spinach & Mozzarella Ravioli

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Semi-Homemade Spinach & Mozzarella Ravioli

Yum! Who's hungry?

Recently I was asked what I do for dinner on the nights I don’t have time to spend an hour making dinner, and I thought my reply would make an excellent series of blog posts. So, every once and a while I’ll be posting “Semi Homemade” recipes that are not only quick and easy, but use ingredients that are easily found at the supermarket or Costco.
The Raviolis I get from Costco

I love this meal. The raviolis are ah-ma-zing and so easy to make (but be careful when cooking them because they’ll burst open if you boil them too rigorously…trust me, I know from experience). The tomato sauce is so fresh tasting, even though the tomatoes come from a can! I also use this sauce recipe over pasta with some sliced sausage or chicken…super yummy!


Semi-Homemade Spinach & Mozzarella Ravioli

Ingredients:

1/3 package Pasta Prima® Spinach & Mozzarella Ravioli (from Costco’s freezer section)
2 T Italian Herb Cheese Packet (included with the raviolis)

For the Sauce:
1 – 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
1/2 T olive oil
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t fennel seed
1 T chopped, fresh basil


Directions:

Cook the raviolis according to the package directions.

For the Sauce:
In a small saucepan over medium heat cook tomatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, and fennel seed. Cook the mixture until it comes up to a simmer and then turn off the heat.
My sauce cooking on the stove

Putting it Together:
Gently drain the raviolis with a slotted spoon and place in a shallow serving bowl. Let them sit for 2-3 minutes.

Sprinkle raviolis with 1 tablespoon of the Italian herb cheese packet. Using a slotted spoon, spoon the tomato mixture over the raviolis. Sprinkle with the remaining Italian herb cheese packet and top with the chopped basil.


Makes 3-4 servings (these little raviolis are very filling)


Source: A Food, Folks, and Fun original





I’m linking this post up at:

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At July 7, 2011 at 2:53 PM , Blogger FABBY'S LIVING said...

This is so yummy from just looking at it!! I adore Italian, I just had spaghetty with pesto for lunch, just great!...home made pesto, of course. Now, I love yours cause of the ready made ravioli. Thank you so much, hope you visit too! Lots of hugs, FABBY

 
At July 7, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks so good. I'm having a recipe only link party "Cast Party Wednesday". This would be a perfect addition to my party. I would love it if you came by and shared some of your recipes with us.
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 5:33 PM , Blogger jess@balancing the dream said...

YUMO!!! my tummy is growling!!

 
At July 8, 2011 at 12:36 PM , Blogger MonikaC said...

I can't wait to try it! The ingredients for this are going on my shopping list this week!

 
At July 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Desi said...

Happy Friday! I wanted to let you know about my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

 
At July 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

Hi Jillian,
I just love your recipe, easy and very tasty. It looks so good. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and sure hope to see you again real soon!
Miz Helen

 
At July 12, 2011 at 2:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks Great!! Super EASY!!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 2:30 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

Yummy! I have bought those little raviolis before too. Might have to try this next time!
Jenn :)

 
At July 12, 2011 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Dusty (To the Moon and Back) said...

This looks delicious!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Christi said...

before i gave up gluten, this was a staple in our house! that big bag has so much potential for easy dinenrs!

visiting from tempt my tummy!

the july giftaway is on! hope you'll enter!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home