This Page

has been moved to new address

Fireworks Cookies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Fireworks Cookies

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fireworks Cookies


Happy Independence Day! The Fourth of July is seriously my favorite holiday ever! As a former history teacher I’m a self-proclaimed history buff…so of course I love this holiday! Other reasons why I love this holiday: you don’t have to buy anyone a gift, you get to have a barbeque with your friends and family, and to top it all off there’s a marvelous fireworks display at the end of the day! Seriously, which holiday could possibly be better?!?

This year we kicked off the July 4th week with a little parade around a lake in our community. The parade started at 10:00 A.M. and by that point it was already a blistering 105°F! In spite of this Mia did great, she was her happy and chipper self. We ended the weekend with swimming, a family barbeque, and fireworks.
Mia ready for the parade.

The parade starts!

Mia workin' the 4th of July hat.

I love this shot...so cute!!!


More of the parade making its way around the lake.

Mia commandeering a police motorcycle.


Fireworks Cookies

I always love how sugar cookies decorated with royal icing looks, but I’ve never been crazy about how they taste or the time needed to execute them. While these cookies look amazing, I’m still not a fan of how they tasted or the amount of time (about 3 ½ hours from start to finish, aside from the dough chilling) it took to make them.


For the recipe, head on over to Martha Stewart’s website.




I’m linking this post up at:

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At July 5, 2011 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous Life-n-Reflection said...

your fireworks cookies are so fun and her hat is adorable!!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those are cute cupcakes!

Your daughter is adorable!!

New blog follower! Come follow back and enter my great giveaways! http://www.peacelovepoop.com

 
At July 5, 2011 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Emma said...

Love the cookies! I saw them on the cover of MS but didn't dare give them a go! (Found you through Sugar Bee Crafts linky party)

 
At July 5, 2011 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

So fun and colorful.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

 
At July 6, 2011 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

So awesome! I saw these on the cover of MS Living and soooo wanted to do them. But then there's the time...and the taste...and the fact that we basically did nothing for the 4th of July this year...;) REALLY nice job!!!

 
At July 6, 2011 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Fabric Bows and More said...

Cute Cookies. Come and join our link party: http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/07/link-party-no12-will-see-it-wednesday.html#more

 
At July 7, 2011 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Those are so pretty! Thanks for coming by to share them.
Katie

 
At July 8, 2011 at 7:30 AM , Anonymous Lisa said...

Wow - great cookies, who could resist those.

 
At July 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I featured you today!!

http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/07/foodie-fridayerrrsunday.html

 
At November 5, 2024 at 10:12 PM , Anonymous Julian Kennedy said...

Lovvely blog you have here

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home