This Page

has been moved to new address

Scotcheroos

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Scotcheroos

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Scotcheroos


I lived in Provo, Utah for my freshman year of college at a place many of us affectingly called “The Glenhood”. There I had the best roommates and neighbors ever! We’d often make yummy treats to share, and these were among our favorites. They have the perfect combination of peanut butter, butterscotch, and chocolate. Enjoy!


Scotcheroos


Ingredients:

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup chunky peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispy cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips


Directions:

Grease a 13×9-inch pan; set aside. Place sugar and corn syrup into a 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted and combined. Add the cereal; stir well until well coated. Press the mixture into the prepared pan.

Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together either over a double boiler or in the microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let sit until firm (or refrigerate for a faster setting time).


Source: Kellogs

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At January 18, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Jane Anne said...

I've made something very similar to this with Sunbutter (because we have a peanut allergy at my house) and it was a hit. They are SO tasty!!

My Tasty Tuesday Recipe: Zucchini Corn Casserole

 
At January 18, 2011 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I've eaten these before too and wow are they ever good. Sounds like a delicious memory. By the way, I'll be holding a new linky party on my blog this Saturday called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I hope you'll come by then and link these up, or even your cinnamon bread would be a delicious addition as well.

 
At January 19, 2011 at 12:21 AM , Blogger Artsy Aut said...

Oooooo these look tasty. Right up my alley! I will have to make these this week, plus I think Avery would love to help.

 
At January 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for this post! I haven't had these since I was little and they sound delicious right now.

Stephanie
http://holtgrsl.blogspot.com/

 
At January 21, 2011 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Mari said...

These look super yummy...and healthy too

Would love you to share them at my Food Fight Friday link party.
http://choochmagooz.blogspot.com/2011/01/food-fight-friday-anything-goes.html

 
At January 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

Thanks for the compliment and I'll be sure to link up!

 
At January 23, 2011 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yum! Those look mighty tasty!

 
At January 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Allyson Pecilunas said...

Oh how I love these. We make them every year in our family at Christmas time. I am now your newest follower. Come check me out if you get a chance.

http://noplacelikehomecraftsdecorbyallyson.blogspot.com/

~Allyson~

 
At January 25, 2011 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Jillian - These sound incredible! I can wait to try! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I'll be featuring this today. Hope you have a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

 
At January 27, 2011 at 1:44 PM , Blogger 3krazychics said...

I'm definately adding this recipe and the pizza bites to my menu plan for next week!! thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home