This Page

has been moved to new address

Queso Blanco Dip

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Queso Blanco Dip

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Queso Blanco Dip

Ok, I have a (not so) secret love affair with chips and queso. Seriously I’d have the stuff for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I could… When I lived in Albuquerque I’d get chips and queso at Taco Cabana (menu item #21) often and this recipe comes pretty close to theirs.





Queso Blanco Dip


Ingredients:

1 lbs Kroger brand Queso Blanco with Jalapeños*
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 T milk


Directions:

Cut the brick of queso blanco into ½ inch cubes.

Place the cheese cubes, green chilies, and milk in a microwave oven-safe bowl. Cook on high for 2 minutes. Stir at the end of the 2 minutes.

Continue to heat and stir as needed until the mixture is smooth.

If being served shortly after preparation, allow the cheese mixture to stand 1 minute before serving to allow the mixture to thicken to the desired consistency.

If being prepared to be served at a later time, transfer the mixture to a crock pot and hold at warm-low temperature until serving time. Stir before serving.


*I’ve been able to find the Kroger brand Queso Blanco at Fry’s and Safeway grocery stores.


Source: A Food Folks and Fun original

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At January 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Suzie said...

i share your love affair with chips and queso. I've been an addict since college...

Once again, featuring your recipe on my blog.

www.imlovinyourblog.blogspot.com

 
At January 15, 2011 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Nancy said...

I am a total queso freak! Do you think this will work with any Queso Blanco?
I'm a new follower from Be Different's blog hop. I'd love a follow back
Thanks
Nancy
funwithnancy.blogspot.com

 
At January 16, 2011 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

Suzie, thanks so much!

 
At January 16, 2011 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

Nancy, I think it would work with any queso blanco as long as it's a processed cheese product. I would also add in a total of 3 cans of chilies if the queso doesn't have any in it already.

P.S. I'm your newest foller as well!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

OOOH that looks delish! I can't wait to try it, thanks!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady. Im going to make this for this coming weekend for a get together with some friends~~~looks so good !!! Im your newest follower on your blog.I hope you can come to my blog sweet lady. to see my Tablescapes ~~~~ Diane

 
At January 19, 2011 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Suzette said...

Thanks for al the great recipes! This is my first time at your blog and I love all of your recipes! I am pretty new to blogging myself. I found you at BNOTP. I put your button on my blog. See for your self at http://www.cypresschique.blogspot.com

 
At January 22, 2011 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

MMMMM cheese! This is one of my FAVORITE indulgences ever! I prefer it to dessert even!

xoxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home