This Page

has been moved to new address

Simple Fried Rice

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Simple Fried Rice

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Simple Fried Rice

This dish came out perfectly and I credit that to the easy step-by-step directions and the tip to use cold rice rather than freshly cooked rice. This is a great way to use up leftover rice!



Simple Fried Rice


Ingredients:

3 T vegetable oil
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
2 C frozen peas and carrots, thawed (Note: I used a frozen peas, carrots, corn and string bean mixture because that’s what I had on hand)
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 C cooked white rice, chilled
2 C shredded cooked chicken (or thinly sliced cooked pork or beef)
3 T low sodium soy sauce
3 T oyster sauce
5 scallions, sliced thin



Directions:

Heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering.

Add in eggs; cook without stirring until just beginning to set, about 20 seconds.
Continue to cook eggs, stirring constantly, until eggs are cooked through but not browned, about 1 minute; transfer to a small bowl; set aside.

Add remaining 2 ½ tablespoons oil to skillet; return to high heat until just smoking.

Add in peas and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

Add in rice, meat, soy sauce, and oyster sauce; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes.

Stir in scallions and reserved cooked eggs; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Serve immediately.

*NOTE: It’s Important to use chilled rice. Hot or even warm rice will turn out mushy.

Makes4-6 servings


Source: Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 26, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Blogger DIY Party Mom said...

So that's how it's done! I LOVE fried rice, but have never been able to get the consistancy of what they have in the restraunts. Thanks for sharing your instructions. I can't wait to try it!

 
At March 11, 2011 at 7:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just tried your recipe. It was delicious. Thank you! - Nicole Leavitt

 
At March 15, 2011 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

Nicole,

I'me SO glad you liked the recipe! We miss you guys!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home