This Page

has been moved to new address

Pumpkin Custards with Gingersnap Crumble

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Pumpkin Custards with Gingersnap Crumble

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pumpkin Custards with Gingersnap Crumble

I don’t know about you, but around this time of year I get a little tired of pumpkin pie and just don’t feel like eating it on Thanksgiving. I know what you’re going to say…”What, no pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving?!?” Yes, no pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, but definitely PUMPKIN CUSTARD on Thanksgiving! I made this for dessert tonight for family dinner and everyone loved it! My oldest brother admitted that he hates pumpkin pie, but really liked this dish, score!


Pumpkin Custards with Gingersnap Crumble
Ingredients:

1/2 C pumpkin puree
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 C packed dark brown sugar
2 C evaporated milk
1 large egg plus 2 egg yolks

Gingersnaps (homemade or store-bought) for crumbling & garnish

Directions:

Bring 1 quarter water to boil for a water bath. Set eight 6-ounce custard cups in two 8-inch square pans. Adjust the oven rack to the lower-middle position and preheat to 325 degrees.

Heat pumpkin, ginger, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat until puree sputters and flavors intensify, about 3 minutes. Whisk in brown sugar and evaporated milk. Bring to a simmer.

Meanwhile, whisk egg and yolks in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk hot-pumpkin mixture into the eggs, and then pour into custard cups. Set pans in oven and carefully pour enough water in the pan to come halfway up the sides of the cups.

Bake until the custards are set, about 30 minutes. Remove custard cups from the baking dish and cool slightly. Lay plastic wrap directly over each custard to prevent a skin from forming. Chill until ready to serve.
The custards straight from the oven.

Just before serving, crush a few gingersnaps and sprinkle to garnish.

Makes 8 Custards  
Source: Adapted from Perfect One-Dish Dinners: All You Need for Easy Get-Togethers







I’m linking this post up at:
Metamorphosis Monday, Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Tip Me Tuesday, Today’s Creative Blog

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At November 14, 2011 at 1:44 AM , Blogger Maggie Lamarre said...

this look so delish.
Would luv for my readers to discover your blog, will you please join our weekly party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
have a great crafting week!
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

 
At November 14, 2011 at 3:26 AM , Blogger KB said...

Looks delish!

We'd love for you to share your recipes with us at

Simply Delish Saturday


Following you on twitter as kb1.

 
At November 14, 2011 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Ruth said...

Pumpkin custard is so good. I have never sprinkled it with ginger snaps though.

 
At November 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM , Anonymous Monette said...

I love custards! I am not having pumpkin pie either for Thanksgiving this year but I am making butterscotch cake instead

 
At November 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM , Blogger MonikaC said...

These sound amazing! I will have to make these.

 
At November 15, 2011 at 5:05 AM , Blogger Emily Thompson said...

oh, I love pumpkin!!! Hi! Came over from Made By You Monday! This looks great! Would love for you to come over and link up to my Tasty Tuesday party going on now! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

 
At November 15, 2011 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Mmmm. These sound so delicious. I haven't had gingersnaps in forever. Would love for you to stop by and link up to More the Merrier Monday.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

 
At November 15, 2011 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

What a fun fall dessert!! Love the gingersnap topping!!

New follower :)

Stephanie
chocolatecoveredbuttons.blogspot.com

 
At November 15, 2011 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Julie@teachinggoodeaters said...

Mmm... those look great! I have gestational diabetes right now, and I'm cruising food blogs looking at all of the delicious things I can't eat! However, there is a good bit of protein in this to balance the sugar... I just may be able to pull it off (I think it's worth a try :) ) Thanks for sharing!

 
At November 17, 2011 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks wonderful! What a great Thanksgiving dessert it would make!

I hope you will link this post to my Thanksgiving Traditions link up!

 
At November 17, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yum! These really look wonderful!

I hope you will link this post to my Thanksgiving Traditions link up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home