This Page

has been moved to new address

Pumpkin & Barley Soup

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Pumpkin & Barley Soup

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin & Barley Soup

This was such a refreshing, fall soup. I really liked the pumpkin in it and I LOVED the barley. Barley is my new favorite ingredient to add to my fall soups; it’s delicious and hearty without being heavy.



Pumpkin & Barley Soup

Ingredients:

8 ounces cooked andouille or smoked sausage links, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 T snipped fresh sage
1 T vegetable oil
1 C quick-cooking barley
1 t instant chicken bouillon granules
1 15 ounce can pumpkin
1 15 ounce can white beans, rinsed & drained
2 T maple syrup
1 T cider vinegar


Directions:

In 4-quart pot or Dutch oven cook sausage, onion and sage in hot oil over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring often. Add barley, 4 cups water, and bouillon granules. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in pumpkin, maple syrup, white beans, and vinegar; heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Makes 4 servings

Source: adapted from Better Homes and Gardens



I’m linking this post up at:
Metamorphosis Monday
Menu Plan Monday
Skip to My Lou
Tip Me Tuesday
Today’s Creative Blog

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2011 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Cottage and Broome said...

Looks so yummy, I love pumpkin soup! Laura Cottage and Broome

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home