This Page

has been moved to new address

Snickers Cheesecake Brownies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Snickers Cheesecake Brownies

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Snickers Cheesecake Brownies

Snickers, cheesecake, and brownies…can it get much better than that? This is another treat I made for my hubby LSAT students. Luckily I stashed one aside for myself and I am so relieved that I did! They were super yummy, and almost reminiscent of the Snickers cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. This is definitely my favorite brownie mix redux to date.


Snickers Cheesecake Brownies

For the Brownies
Ingredients:

1 box brownie mix (I personally love the Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate
   brownie mix from Costco)

Directions: 

Line an 8” x 8” pan with foil, and make sure to leave some foil hanging over the sides (this will make your life a lot easier when it comes time to cut the cheesecake brownies). Spray the foil with cooking spray.

Make the brownies as per the directions on the box. Once the brownies come out of the oven, place the pan in an ice bath until they are cooled.


For the Snickers Cheesecake Layer 
Ingredients:

1 large egg
1 T pure vanilla extract
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 C plus 2 T powdered sugar

8 Snickers (fun size, 4.62 oz.), chopped into small pieces


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400°F.

To make the cheesecake layer, add the egg, vanilla, cream cheese, and powdered sugar to a medium bowl and mix with beaters until well combined. Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of cooled brownies and smooth to make an even layer.  Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool until they are just warm and then press chopped Snickers into cheesecake layer.

Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Using the extra foil hanging off the sides of the pan, lift the brownies from the pan. Using a long, sharp knife slice the brownies to the desired size. You may need to wipe the knife after each cut to ensure cleaner cuts.

Source: Adapted from Bakers Royale



I’m linking this post up at:
Metamorphosis Monday
Menu Plan Monday
Skip to My Lou
Tip Me Tuesday
Today’s Creative Blog

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

At August 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks and sounds like could eat more than one!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 9:18 PM , Anonymous Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos said...

These look wonderful! There are so many things you can do to dress up a box of brownies!

 
At August 25, 2011 at 12:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three of my favorite words, and , ALL together. They look so yummy. Thank you for sharing.

Rhonda @ The Messy Roost
messyroost.blogspot.com

 
At August 25, 2011 at 12:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me and my taste buds are following you now.

Rhonda @ The Messy Roost

 
At August 25, 2011 at 12:37 AM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

Rhonda, they are super yummy...I hope you try them! =)

-Jillian @ Food, Folks, and Fun

 
At August 27, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Our Italian Kitchen said...

Yummy sweets! These look so delish! Cheesecake sandwiched between snickers and brownies!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

Oh boy this looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing.
Saw you on Tip Junkie

 
At August 30, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

Sue, thanks for stopping by!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

@OurItalianKitchen: You described them perfectly! I hope you try them and love them as much as I did!

-Jillian @ Food, Folks, and Fun

 
At August 30, 2011 at 9:55 PM , Anonymous Venassa said...

Oh yummy! I'm printing this one off to keep.

 
At August 31, 2011 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh, wow! These look AMAZING! I would love to make them for myself--and my family of course. :)

I would love for you to share this at my link party, Show & Share!

http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-3.html

 
At September 1, 2011 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

How scrumptious! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. I just added this to my pinterest!

 
At September 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

Jerri,

Thanks for "pinning" me! =)

-Jillian

 
At September 16, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Elena @ La Petite Vie said...

Wow, these look and sound amazing! Can't wait to make them this wknd, thanks for sharing!

 
At September 17, 2011 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

@La Petite Vie: I hope they came out like you had hoped! =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home