This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 6 of 12 Days of Christmas Fun: Jingle All the Way Shadow Box Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Day 6 of 12 Days of Christmas Fun: Jingle All the Way Shadow Box Tutorial

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 6 of 12 Days of Christmas Fun: Jingle All the Way Shadow Box Tutorial


♪♫ On the 6th day of Christmas Food, Folks, and Fun gave to me…♪♫
Jingle All the Way Shadow Box Tutorial


So, I’m s*l*o*w*l*y* getting into crafting. I aim for easy crafts that are cute and don’t take too much time…this one hit the nail right on the head!
Materials Needed:
  • Shadow Box Frame (I got mine at Michaels, they’re sold in 3-packs for $19.99 but be sure to use a coupon!)
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam brush
  • Tongue depressor or credit card (for smoothing out bubbles)
  • Craft Paper
  • Scissors
  • Jingle Bells (I used 20mm, 18mm, 15mm, 12mm, and 8mm bells)
  • Jingle all the Way vinyl from CC Vinyl
  • Ribbon

Jingle All the Way Shadow Box Instructions


Step 1: Take the backing off of the shadow box and peel away any pre-packaged paper (if applicable).


Step 2: Using a foam brush, spread a layer of Mod Podge over the cardboard backing.


Step 3: Trim the craft paper (if needed) and place it on top of the wet mod podge. Use a credit card or tongue depressor to smooth out any air bubbles. Allow to dry and set for 20-30 minutes.

Step 4: Spread a thin layer of mod podge over the craft paper to seal it. Allow it to dry completely for 20-30 minutes.


Step 5: Pour the jingle bells into the shadow box, and assemble to cardboard backing to the frame.


Step 6: Affix the vinyl lettering (I got mine from CC Vinyl) to the frame (feel free to re-position the words how you’d like them). I find using a credit card or tongue depressor to press the vinyl onto the glass through the layer of contact paper makes peeling the contact paper from the vinyl a lot easier.


Step 7: Tie a bow around the frame and you’re done!



I’m linking this post up at:
Metamorphosis Monday, Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Tip Me Tuesday, Today’s Creative Blog

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At December 16, 2011 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That looks fantastic!! I've seen several of these around Pinterest and in the craft stores, but I have to say yours is honestly my favorite. Great colors, great job! Would you share here? Pretty please?
http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/shine-on-fridays-6-and-some-fabulous.html

 
At December 16, 2011 at 7:05 PM , Blogger She Who Doodles said...

how cute, and such a simple project.

 
At December 18, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Screaming Sardine said...

How adorable! I love the snowflake paper you used, and the font is perfect. Thanks for sharing this very simple, yet elegant, project. :)

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

 
At December 20, 2011 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

I love this idea! This would be great to decorate with or as a gift. I am a new fb fan visiting from Sugar Bee Crafts. I have also stumbled this post. Vicky from Mess For Less

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home