This Page

has been moved to new address

Homemade Croutons & Elements of a Delicious Spinach Salad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Homemade Croutons & Elements of a Delicious Spinach Salad

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Homemade Croutons & Elements of a Delicious Spinach Salad

These little gems were so yummy! I could eat the whole bowl-full alone, but they really did add an extra special element to my spinach salad.




Homemade Croutons


Ingredients:

1 loaf french bread a few days old* (I used a whole wheat)
3 T olive oil
3 T unsalted butter, melted
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 t salt
1 t pepper
1 t Italian seasoning (or any other blended seasoning you have)


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut the bread into small cubes. Transfer cubed bread to a parchment lined baking sheet.

Drizzle the bread with the olive oil and butter and then sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.

Using your hands, gently toss the croutons and make sure they are coated with all the oils, butters and seasonings.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.

*NOTE: If you only have half or a quarter of a loaf left, then halve or quarter the
             recipe.





Elements of a Delicious Spinach Salad

Baby spinach
Chopped tomatoes
Red onion
Grated cheese (such as Colby-jack or mozzarella)
Sliced mushrooms
Crumbled bacon
Sliced hard-boiled egg
Croutons
Poppy seed dressing

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Hi! I have been following you for a while now and I LOVe the recipes you share. I do a feature called "What's up Wednesday" and I featured your yummy salad! I hope that is Ok. Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home