This Page

has been moved to new address

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Cookies and Cream Cupcakes

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes

Finally, a home-made vanilla cupcake that is moist and tasty. The cookie chunks in both the cake and frosting are so yummy and I think the frosting actually tastes like cookies and cream ice cream.




Cookies and Cream Cupcakes


Ingredients:

24 Oreo halves, with cream filling attached
2¼ C all-purpose flour
1 t baking powder
½ t salt
8 T unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 2/3 cup sugar
3 large egg whites, at room temperature
2 t vanilla extract
½ C milk
½ C vegetable oil
20 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (I quarter them)


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.  Line the wells of two cupcake pans with 24 paper liners.  Place an Oreo halve in the bottom of each liner, cream side up.  In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir together with a fork to blend and set aside.  In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar and beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.  Blend in the egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Blend in the vanilla extract.  With the mixer on low speed, beat in half of the dry ingredients just until incorporated.  Add the milk and oil and beat just until combined, then beat in the remaining dry ingredients.  Gently fold in the chopped Oreos with a rubber spatula until evenly incorporated, being careful not to over-mix.

Evenly divide the batter between the prepared cupcake liners.  Bake for 18-20 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Allow to cool in the pans 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 2 dozen cupcakes.



Cookies and Cream Frosting



Ingredients:

2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/2 – 2 lbs powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
1-2 T milk
10 Oreo cookies


Ingredients:

Mix butter and powdered sugar together, adding sugar gradually to the mix. Add vanilla. Mix in milk, adding more if needed. Continue to add milk and sugar until it reaches the desired consistency. Crush Oreos and fold them into the frosting.


Source: Cupcakes were adapted from Annie’s Eats & Frosting was from How Sweet it Is

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At January 11, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Mariel@ www.sexymodeststyle.com said...

Yummy! this looks really good! I think i will try this this week!

Thank you for linking this up!

XOXO

 
At January 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Liz Taylor said...

I'm your newest follower. I absolutely love your blog and have bookmarked so many recipes!
Liz
http://projectnaptime.blogspot.com/

 
At January 11, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

Liz, thanks so much for the compliment. I'm new to the blogging world so the encouragement is greatly appreciated!

 
At January 11, 2011 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

@The Tootsie Wootsie: I hope you enjoy them!!!

 
At January 11, 2011 at 11:58 PM , Blogger Sarah (Sew Very Happy) said...

These look so delicious! I'm your newest follower (over from the linky party at Little Eme).

 
At January 12, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Suzie said...

These look sooo good!!

I'm featuring these on my blog today.

www.imlovinyourblog.blogspot.com

 
At January 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

Suzie, thanks so much for the compliment and the feature! I'm your newest follower.

 
At January 13, 2011 at 12:25 PM , Anonymous my little blogspot said...

those look awesome!!! stop by my little blogspot..i'm your newest follower.

http://lnowak.blogspot.com

 
At January 13, 2011 at 8:32 PM , Blogger SnoWhite said...

I love these! They look so delicious -- perfect for a party!

 
At January 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I love a good cupcake. I'd love for you to come link up at Fun For Kids Friday.

http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/01/fun-for-kids-friday.html

Jo @ SmileMonsters

 
At January 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These look so good!

-Marie

 
At January 14, 2011 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Jillian@FoodFolksandFun said...

@SmileMonsters: I linked up to your site (Super cute by the way) and I'm your newest follower!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger The Food Hunter said...

My husband is going to love these...can't wait to make them

 
At March 10, 2011 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Lanell said...

I'm a new blogger and have been looking for something fantastic to do with my Oreos. This fits the bill. I totally love your recipes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home