This Page

has been moved to new address

Quick Tomato Sauce

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Quick Tomato Sauce

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Quick Tomato Sauce

I love this tomato sauce because it’s everything I look for in a sauce; it’s bright with fresh flavor, and easy…you can’t get much better than that! For me I much prefer this sauce over any canned variety from the store. 
 
Cook’s Note: This full-flavored tomato sauce takes only 15 minutes to prepare. High-quality canned tomatoes will make a big difference in this sauce. The preferred brands of crushed tomatoes are Tuttorosso and Muir Glen. Grate the onion on the large holes of a box grater.



Quick Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:

2 T unsalted butter
1/4 C grated onion, from 1 medium onion (see note)
1/4 t dried oregano
Table salt
2 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 2 teaspoons)
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes (see note)
1/4 t sugar
2 T coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
1 T extra virgin olive oil
Ground black pepper


Directions:

Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add onion, oregano, and ½ teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated and onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and sugar; increase heat to high and bring to simmer. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Off heat, stir in basil and oil; season with salt and pepper. Serve.


Makes 3 cups, enough for 1 pound of pasta










I’m linking this post up at:
Metamorphosis Monday, Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Tip Me Tuesday, Today’s Creative Blog

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Artsy Aut said...

That looks so good! And I have some basil growing outside right now!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Marilyn said...

This sounds AMAZINGLY yummy!! <3 it.. :)) I heart Basil..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home