This Page

has been moved to new address

Sausage Jambalaya

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Sausage Jambalaya

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sausage Jambalaya

I don’t know about you, but the New Year seems to be just as busy as the holidays for me. I’m busy making, breaking, and re-making New Year’s resolutions. So, when I’m crunched for time I like to utilize my slow cooker for dinners. This recipe was fantastic, easy to put together, and healthy to boot!



Sausage Jambalaya

Ingredients:

12 oz cooked andouille sausage or cooked kielbasa
1 pint mini sweet peppers or 2 large yellow and/or orange bell peppers
1  15 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1  14.5 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 C chopped celery (about 2 stalks)

Rice for serving (I like brown rice with this dish)
Some of the celery leaves, chopped for garnish (optional)

Directions:

Slice sausage into 1-inch chunks. Halve, stem, and seed the mini peppers. If using large peppers, stem, seed, and coarsely chop.

In a 3 ½ - 4 quart slow cooker combine the sausage, peppers, drained beans, undrained tomatoes, and celery.  Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours. Stir before serving.

Serve over rice and top with chopped celery leaves (optional).


Makes 4 servings

Source: from Better Homes and Gardens, December 2011





I’m linking this post up at:
Metamorphosis Monday, Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Tip Me Tuesday, Today’s Creative Blog

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home