This Page

has been moved to new address

Sweet Corn Cake

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Food, Folks, and Fun: Sweet Corn Cake

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sweet Corn Cake

When I eat out at a Mexican restaurant, the sides are just as important to me as the main dish. My two favorite sides to have with pretty much any Mexican meal are calabacitas and these corn cakes. In the past I have tried to mimic the sweet corn cakes you get in restaurants but have failed miserably…that is until this recipe! These came out better than I had hoped and were a nice addition to the fajitas I made for dinner.


This is what It looks like when it come out of the oven.

Sweet Corn Cake

Ingredients:

1/2 C butter, softened
1/3 C masa harina (found right by the corn meal in the grocery store)
1/4 C water
1 1/2 C frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
1/4 C cornmeal
1/3 C white sugar
2 T heavy whipping cream
1/4 t salt
1/2 t baking powder


Directions:

In a medium bowl beat butter until it is creamy. Add the Mexican corn flour and water and beat until well mixed.

Using a food processor, process thawed corn, but leave chunky. Stir into the butter mixture.

In a separate bowl, mix cornmeal, sugar, cream, salt, and baking powder. Add to corn flour mixture and stir to combine. Pour batter into an ungreased 8x8 inch baking pan. Smooth batter and cover with aluminum foil. Place pan into a 9x13 inch baking dish that is filled a third of the way with water.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven F (175 degrees C) oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Use an ice cream scoop for easy removal from pan.


Source: All Recipes

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2011 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!? said...

I make this stuff, too - but I usually use the microwave since the oven is often busy with other things (and it only takes like 12 minutes in there! LOL) You're right - it is SOOO yummy!

http://pedersenfood.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweet-corn-tomalito.html

 
At April 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Michele said...

MMMmmmm...I love these and have always wanted to make them at home. Now I can't wait to try them! I just found your site...I'm going to browse around some more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home